questions by skrape
1. How are you mentally preparing for your father's death?
can you really do such a thing? if so, i haven't figured out how. my plan is to stick around him while he's still here; i can't think of anything that will help make it easier after the fact, other than knowing i spent time with him while i could.
2. The Den of Sin goes up in flames and you have enough time to grab one thing from the house before it all becomes ashes, what do you get?
my pet snake. i'd feel like shit if i let him die (especially in a fire) because i grabbed a material possession instead, even if it was a box of records.
3. What are 3 things you hope to accomplish with the rest of your twenties?
- start a business
- own 2 rental properties
- finish education of some sort
4. Through the years that I've known you, I've seen a marked change in your driving habits. Do you think they'll continue change over the next five years? Do you still think about things like taking your car out to a track and enrolling in that BMW driving school?
well i guess that happens to any impulsive brat who lives long enough, right? *smirk* (author's note: i almost didn't.) i still drive fast enough to get me in trouble, just... alone, or w/ other solo drivers, and not in traffic. also, i managed to frighten osby last weekend by accelerating to the speed limit in the onramp and not after it, so i guess "change" is subjective.
i hope they'll continue to improve (in terms of skill, if not legality). switching back to rear-wheel-drive after 7 years has definitely been another catalyst for this, by nature of the fact that driving these cars at their limits requires more care and responsibility if you don't want to end up wrapped around whatever's just beyond the end of the curve. (remember shorty's bf sean and the 240 he owned? yeah.)
more than one friend of mine is a regular track visitor, and i will get there when my car is ready for it. i hope to do that before taking a driving school so i can see how much i improve.
5. If you could pass Alex one nugget of wisdom about becoming an adult, what would it be?
invest, early and often.
Bonus question for fun: You throw a party and you can get *anybody* to spin, what's your perfect line up?
11:30-1 chris leibing
1-3 esc vs aneurysm
3-5 forest green vs sir nod
5-7:30 gaetano parisio
you bet i'd put the worldwide talent there.
why? cuz i've never really heard them belt it out like the local kids can.
so fuck 'em.
-Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
-I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
-You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
-You'll include this explanation.
-You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.